Required from 1ST SEPTEMBER 2020
Salary Range: £57,986-£67,183
Governors are willing to consider the flexibility available within the school teachers’ pay and conditions document 2019
A joyful, aspirational community rooted in faith
Due to the retirement of our current and well respected Headteacher, the governors and school community are seeking a new Headteacher who will continue to provide our school children with exciting, creative and meaningful learning experiences.
These experiences will build the children’s enthusiasm for learning and challenge them to achieve within a Catholic environment that puts Christ at the centre, the ‘best that we can be’ as they believe, grow and succeed in their lives.
We are looking for a strong, dynamic and Catholic inspirational leader who:
- has a clear vision of Catholic Education and dedication to take on the challenge of leading this good school
- works with mission integrity for the benefit of all within the school community
- has a clear strategic direction and will challenge and empower staff to be the best they can be
- will continue to develop and sustain a learning culture for all across our school
- will foster children’s enjoyment of learning whilst ensuring high levels of achievement
- will develop the respectful and inclusive ethos of our school
We can offer:
- a friendly, welcoming school community with a strong Catholic ethos
- Governing Body which is fully committed to promoting the wellbeing of all staff
- happy and enthusiastic children, keen to learn and proud of their school
- parents, carers who take supportive interest in their children’s development
- support for your professional development
- excellent local and wide collaborative links
- support from both the Diocese and the local authority
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the school office on 0161 432 7635 or by emailing the school office on firstname.lastname@example.org. Dates can be arranged from Monday, 10th February until Thursday, 27th February (excluding half term 17th– 21st) during school time or after school, no visits on 12th or 26th February please.
Closing Date: Friday, 28th February at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Wednesday, 4th March
Interview: Wednesday, 11th March
St Bernard’s Roman Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This post is also subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
Completed application forms with supportive letter should be returned to:
Miss P J Jones, Chair of Governors, St Bernard’s RC Primary School, Burnage Lane, Burnage Manchester M19 1DR or electronically to email@example.com .